|The Unsolicited Electronic Messages Ordinance ("the UEMO") has fully commenced
on 22 December 2007. Now, senders of commercial electronic messages are
1) to provide clear and accurate sender information in the message;
2) to provide an unsubscribe facility and an unsubscribe facility statement
in the message;
3) to honour unsubscribe requests within ten (10) working days after the
request has been sent;
4) not to send email messages with misleading subject headings.
In addition, the UEMO also prohibits:
1) the use of unscrupulous techniques to expand the reach of commercial
electronic messages; and
2) fraud and other illicit activities related to the sending of multiple
commercial electronic messages.